A great breakfast to make the night before and reheat in the morning.
Veggie-filled Breakfast Casserole
- 1/2 lb of breakfast sausage
- 4 small red potatoes, diced*
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced*
- 1/2 of a green bell pepper, diced*
- 1/2 of an orange bell pepper, diced*
- 6 eggs*
- 1/2 cup of milk*
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne, optional
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar*
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 and grease a casserole dish.
Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 5-7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Cook the sausage in a pan over medium-high heat, along with the onion and peppers. Crumble it as it cooks. Once sausage is cooked and veggies are soft, add the potatoes and 1/2 of the cheese. Stir well and remove from heat. Spread evenly in the bottom of the casserole dish.
Whisk together the eggs, milk, cayenne, salt and pepper. Pour evenly over the sausage and veggies. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
Bake for 40-45 minutes, until eggs are firm.