A traditional, homemade spaghetti sauce served with a side salad.
Cheesy One Pot Spaghetti
- 1 lb of whole wheat spaghetti noodles*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced*
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced*
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 24 oz jar of marinara sauce (I used homemade, following this recipe)
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese*
- Parmesan cheese, if desired
Cook noodles according to package directions.
While noodles cook, heat the oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion, pepper, beef and onion powder and cook until meat is browned. Break the meat into small pieces as you cook it. Stir in marinara sauce and mix well. Add in cheese and stir until melted. Let mixture bubble over low heat until noodles are finished.
Drain the noodles and add them to the spaghetti sauce pot. Stir altogether until meat sauce is evenly distributed. Garnish each portion with a small amount of Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, washed and cut into thin pieces*
- 4 roma tomatoes, quartered*
- dressing of your choice
Toss ingredients and serve.